Sunday, November 07, 2004

Anniversary in Vegas

Stephanie and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary in Vegas. The night of our anniversary, we went to the Improv. Allan Havey was the headliner. It was cool to see him live, since I'd studied his act back in "the day", when I was learning how to construct my own act.

We sat in the front row. My knees were within inches of the stage.

So close, yet so far.

One day, I'll be on that stage.

Anyway, even though I wasn't one of the comics onstage, I was part of the show. That's usually the case when you sit so close. And being so close reminded me what the audience sees from that vantage point. Every subtlety is magnified.

During the show, my mind went back & forth between analytical comic and audience member. Mostly, I was an audience member. My gut hurt. My face hurt. Laughs.

That's what it's about, remember?

No comments: