Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rattling Thoughts (After Falling Off The Mountaintop)

Yesterday, somebody deleted a comment I posted on Facebook. Fine. Everybody's got their sensitivities. And even though I thought my comment was an amusing, harmless little joke, the person who deleted it obviously disagreed. To make myself feel a little better, I proceeded to delete that person as a "friend".

Oh, if only things were so simple IRL (that's "in real life", in case you didn't know).

What's upsetting me more than the deleted comment is that fact that this garbage is still rattling around in my brain a day later.

I have better things to do with my thoughts.

I'm old enough to know you can't please everybody. No matter what you say, somebody's not going to like it.

Then why is this tiny event continuing to pop up in my head?

At this point, it may be the like the exercise of trying not to picture a purple elephant. The more you think "don't picture the purple elephant", the more you picture the purple elephant.

So, the more I'm trying to force myself to forget about it, the more I'm thinking about it.

Whatever the reason, I know this will drift out of my skull soon enough. What I'm hoping is that a little blog-rant on the topic will make it go away sooner.

This little social mis-interation is really no big deal in the whole scheme of things. Especially since I've been feeling so good about life lately. I've been "in the moment" a lot... not letting the past drive me, and not worrying about the future. The thought that we are all "pure consciousness" (planted in my head by another Facebook friend) has been making me walk lighter, and the fact that all humans on the planet are constantly participating in the creation of the world's events in "the eternal now" has been a prevalent thought and feeling.

How can I be floating along in a state of wonder and bliss, only to be thwarted by a deleted Facebook comment?

Maybe it's because I wasn't being confronted with anything. So even the simplest little annoyance, in contrast to joy and wonderment, has gotten blown out of proportion?

Whatever the reason, I'm feeling better now... as planned. Writing helps. I need to do this more often. Only when I do it more often, I want to have more important and positive things to write about.

That's the plan... next time... positive stuff.

[Therapy session complete.]

No comments: