Monday, February 27, 2006

Go As Fast As You Can... Slowly

Years ago, after my mom and dad had built-up a lucrative rent-a-car business, people would ask my dad how they did it. One of his replies was the following:

"Go as fast as you can... slowly."

Back then, as a young pup, I thought he was nuts, joking, or both. Now, as a crusty old dog, the message is finally sinking in. It definitely applies to my current pursuit of a career in Hollywood, and it's something I definitely didn't understand when I crashed & burned in Hollywood years ago.

I'd explain further, but my guess is that if the message doesn't sink in all by itself, no amount of verbose explanation is going to drive it home. You'll either get it immediately, or it'll hit you years later.

Hopefully, you're smarter than me, and it hit you right away.

Fight On... and on, and on, and on...

No comments: