Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year (USC 55, OU 19)

This blog is about stand-up comedy. So why is the title of this blog entry about USC kicking the crap out of Oklahoma tonight? Because that's all I can think of, that's why. And because I went to USC, that's why. And because I was a linebacker at USC, that's why.

Somehow, I need to tap into this energy more often.

USC won tonight for a number of reasons. Some known. Some unknown. One thing I want to take away from the post-game analysis is how much fun Pete Carroll has brought to USC.

I think that's one of the reasons USC outplayed OU tonight. They were loose. They just gripped it and ripped it. They let their talent fly. Fun, baby. Have fun.

It's a constant reminder for football, comedy, and life in general.

Grip it and rip it.

Next Tuesday, I'm going to act like Coach Carroll and his team when I go up to Hollywood. It won't be the first time I do that. Just another reminder. And it's what it's going to take to compete and win up there.

I'm coming off of the bench, baby.

Fight On!!

No comments: