Saturday, October 30, 2004

TV - Focus on First Spot

I need to pull together my best 3-4 minutes for my first TV spot. My act is broken into 6-7 minute chunks, which is fine for clubs, and for some TV shows. But on Premium Blend, comics get 3-4 minutes. Lots of comics I've seen on Wednesdays at the Hollywood Improv have been on that show. Seems like a good target.

Just aim, focus, and shoot. Don't know how long it will take to get the first shot. The cool thing is, there's no time limit...

No rush.

It may sound big-headed, but I feel like it's only a matter of time.

And in some odd way (at least, I think it's odd), the only reason I'm a little anxious to get my first spot is so I can get it out of the way. Then it won't loom as such a big deal anymore. Lots of comics I run into at the Improv have had multiple TV spots. I hope to be in that category some day.

But until then, I want to come up with the best set possible, as if it will be the only TV spot I'll ever have. It has to be something I'll be proud of, and something I'd be proud to have my grandkids see someday.

Paradox Alert: It's no big deal, but it's stored away forever.

No comments: