Friday, June 23, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

Recently, a friend of mine (let's call him Lawrence, since that's his name) said that he'd been checking my blog now and then, only to find that it hadn't been updated in a long time.

Well, rather than try playing catch-up on everything that's happened in the past two months, how's about a snapshot of where I'm at?

In a nutshell (see "Where I Belong"), I've been focusing on acting. Stand-up has taken a back-seat. It's not out of the car. It's just sitting patiently in the back-seat, waiting to take the wheel again. Even when it does take the wheel, it won't be for very long. The more I dive into acting, the more obvious it becomes to me that I need to dive in even deeper.

This isn't a hobby anymore.

"Denial time" is over.

I'm in.

In deep.

Going deeper...

Deeper...

Deeper...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Actually, I'm not falling asleep at the wheel at all. That last little snooze was just a stream-of-consciousness thing. It's not a metaphor for what's going on in the real world.

Over the past handful of weeks, I did a stream of acting showcases in Hollywood and San Diego with my acting class. We met with agents, managers, casting directors, producers, and a couple of actors. I'll know soon if any of the agents/managers are interested in meeting with me to discuss being my representation. If not this time, then next time... or the next... or the time after that.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.

In the meantime, while the results of the showcases are up-in-the-air, I'm going to continue focusing on getting better. In fact, that'll be the focus from now on. From here to eternity, with or without representation.

And a big part of that is bidding farewell to ego.

See ya, ego!

Get outta the way, ego!

Are you listening, ego?!

Yeah, I think ego's gotten the message.

So, that's all for now. Feeling good about stuff... inside-out. That is, it all starts on the inside, and works it's way out.

Hopefully, it won't be another two months before I blog/blab again. If so, oh well. It'll mean I've got other things to do. Maybe I'll report back tomorrow, since I'm doing stand-up tonight for the first time in almost two months. Maybe I'll report back after next week, when I find out whether or not I've got any meetings lined-up. Or maybe I'll report back in a couple of months again, telling you how things have been going for the past couple of months.

Whether it's a day, a week, or a couple of months, just remember one thing...

It's always now.

Make that two things...

You're always here.

So, does it really matter how long I go between blogs?

Ommmmmmmmmmmmm...

No comments: